It can be said that improvements in technology have accelerated in the last decades. As a society, we’re able to produce phones that are capable of doing the same tasks as a computer did years ago. To meet the consumer demand, companies must think of new, innovative ways to improve on existing designs and workflows. In electrical-mechanical design, the traditional methodology involves a serial process that demands constant communication to ensure each step is covered.
What if there was a way to improve on this workflow, and instead work in parallel?
With SolidWorks’ proposal, we are able to streamline the process by allowing the mechanical design team to work in conjunction with the integration, documentation, and data management teams.
SolidWorks Electrical is for any product design that requires electrical systems for power, control, and data acquisition. Here are some of the program’s important capabilities:
- Real-time bi-directional updates between 2D and 3D synchronize electromechanical design so everything stays coordinated throughout development
- Integration of the 2D single-line and multi-line schematics with the 3D model helps standardize designs and unify your BOMs, reducing mistakes and delays
- Comprehensive integrated library of nearly 500,000 standard electrical parts makes part selection easy and speeds schematic creation
- SQL database architecture enables multiple users, including Electrical and Mechanical engineers, to work concurrently on the same projects
- Direct import of existing DWG™ and DXF™ symbols with existing attributes and connections, as well as generating DWG, DXF, and PDF documents for projects, with extensive archive capabilities
- Circuit symbol creation wizard to easily prepare custom 2D schematic symbols
- Customizable symbol and macros palettes for the most frequently used symbols and saved circuits
- Fully automated generation of PLC schematic, terminal strip drawing, and support documents
- Generate DWG, DXF, and PDF documents for projects, with extensive archive capabilities
- Integration with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM to manage documents, generate reports, and create PDF and DWG exports (SolidWorks Enterprise PDM sold separately)
- Complete library managers for symbols, footprints, title blocks, macros, cables, and part references, including customizable ERP connectivity for standard parts
If you’d like to find out more information about SolidWorks Electrical or request a demonstration, please give us a call at 877.266.4469 in the US or 866-587-6803 in Canada, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.