SIMULIA Abaqus Tosca
Today’s engineers aspire to develop innovative products in the shortest development time possible. Security, comfort, performance, efficiency, durability, and flexibility are just some of the aspects to take into account.
As leading technologies for structural optimization and flow optimization, both Tosca Structure and Tosca Fluid offer efficient optimization based on industry standard FEA (Abaqus, ANSYS, MSC Nastran) and CFD software (STAR-CCM+ and ANSYS Fluent).
The Tosca optimization suite enables engineers to take full advantage of any improvement potential while leveraging advanced simulation capabilities. It creates optimized design concepts to achieve the highest performance, quality, and eco-efficiency in a shorter development time.
Engineers have to develop innovative products in the shortest development time possible. Security, comfort, performance, efficiency, durability and flexibility are some of the manifold requirements that have to be considered. Conflicting targets are complicating the generation of simple solutions.
Design Concepts in a Virtual Product Development
The product development costs are mainly determined in the early concept phase. The automatic generation of optimized design proposals will reduce the number of product development cycles and the number of physical prototypes. The quality is increased and the development costs are significantly reduced. All you need is the definition of the maximum allowed design space - Tosca helps you to find the design that fits and considers all system requirements.
Simulation-Driven Design Improvement
Existing designs often need small changes to adapt the design to changes in the external boundary conditions. Using optimization methods, design changes can quickly be applied and all relevant product requirements can be considered.
We have the right method if:
- Different design parameters are influencing your system responses (geometry and material parameters, ingredients and process parameters).
- Competitive targets have to be considered (weight vs. stiffness).
- Multidisciplinary targets have to be considered (objectives and constraints from different analysis disciplines).
Product Knowledge and Decision Support
Due to increasing product complexity, the product development process cannot only be driven by classic analytical methods, experiments and simulation methods. The complexity can often only be coped under use of modern mathematical methods.
SIMULIA provides intuitive and user interactive methods to analyze existing datasets from simulation and physical testing. This allows you to:
- Extract determining information concerning quality.
- Make decisions based upon high quality mathematical meta-models.
- Optimize the product properties.
- The number of time expensive simulations and cost expensive physical tests can be reduced to a minimum.
Reduced Product Development Time
Enhances your existing CAE environment
- Seamless integration with leading FEA and CFD solvers
- Existing input files are used - model parameterization is not necessary
Easy setup of the optimization task
- Direct use of existing knowledge and models
- Intuitive - minimal training is required
- User interface with wizard technology
- Optional graphical interface based on the ANSA technology
- Full design flexibility, without time-consuming parameterization
Achieve a shorter time-to-market
- Fewer prototypes and physical tests
- Faster turnaround from analysis to design/manufacturing
- Automatic validation of topology optimization results
- Shortened development cycles with optimization in an early phase
- Manufacturing process constraints can be applied
- Direct data transfer to CAD systems
High Quality Simulation Results
Benefit from a realistic simulation and take the full advantage of your optimization potential
- More realistic results - nonlinear models and durability
- Automatic validation of results
- Handle even complex production/manufacturing requirements
Benefit from our know-how as technology leader
- A partner with leading manufacturers of CAE software
- Excellent references from partners and industries around the world
- Extensive experience with specific customer applications
- Research partner in many projects funded by national and international sponsors
Customized solutions and training
- On-site training, workshops, engineering and consulting projects
Improved Competitive Position with State-of-the-Art Designs
Optimization know-how for innovative product design
- Economic design concepts achieve potential savings of weight, material, and design space
- Optimized components taking into account static, dynamic, and thermo-mechanical requirements
- Optimized channels and ducts for flow homogenization, reduced pressure drop, improved velocity distribution and reduced flow-induced noise
Direct transfer into the manufacturing process
- Technology and software development at the latest scientific state-of-the-art: knowledge transfer from numerous research projects in highly developed optimization technology