Product Engineers can efficiently evaluate structural product performance under a wide range of physical scenarios using the powerful virtual testing environment of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional. Fully embedded with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD, SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional enables engineers to determine product mechanical resistance, product durability, natural frequencies, and test heat transfer and buckling instabilities. Pressure vessel analysis and complex loading is also supported. You can optimize products for weight, vibration, or instability based on a range of physical and geometrical parameters. With tight integration and a consistent user interface across SOLIDWORKS solutions, you can use the powerful capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional early in the design process to maximize product quality and reduce costs. View this matrix to see the complete list of features available in SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional.
- Optimize designs based on structural, motion, or geometric criteria
- Have your CAD toolbox fasteners translated automatically into connectors for fast and accurate assembly analysis
- Combine load cases and test structural performance for multiple load combinations with the Load Case Manager
- Analyze how dropping a product will affect its structural integrity
- Assess large assembly behavior focusing on critical zones with submodelling
- Evaluate complex problems early in the design cycle with plane stress, plane strain, and axisymmetric linear static analysis
- Access an extensive materials database with metal properties and fatigue curves
- Study conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer
- Utilize isotropic, orthotropic, and temperature-dependent material properties
- Determine the combined stresses and deformations due to structural and thermal loads
- Define motion studies based on model event and assembly actions
- Trigger actions through new motion sensors, time, or the completion of a previous task
- Evaluate characteristics like actuator force and joint loads for motion optimization
- Gain greater control of model actuators with servomotors
- Examine how vibrating or unstable modes can shorten equipment life and cause unexpected failures
- Assess the effects of load stiffening on frequency and buckling response
Regardless of industry application, from aerospace to medical, SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional provides significant product quality benefits; enabling engineers to detect design problems in less time than a prototype could be built.
- Compare alternative designs easily and quickly so you can choose the optimal design for final production
- Study interaction between different assembly components
- Simulate real-world operating conditions to see how your model handles stress, strain and displacement
- Spend less time on specifics with automated tools that simplify the validation process
- Interpret results with powerful and intuitive visualization tools
- Collaborate and share results with everyone involved in the product development process
- Determine how moving and contacting parts behave within an assembly
- Perform drop test analysis
- Optimize your model to meet pre-specified design criteria
- Determine if your design will fail due to buckling or vibration
- Solve extensive thermal simulation problems
- Perform coupled thermal and structural analysis
- Determine failure due to fatigue from cyclic loading on your designs
Solve complex simulations to enhance product quality and performance.
Determine the structural impact of thermal loads on your design.
Virtually prototype the most challenging machines with event-based motion simulation.