SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard gives product engineers an intuitive virtual testing environment for static linear, time-based motion, and high-cycle fatigue simulation, so they can answer common engineering challenges with this SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD embedded solution. The Trend Tracker capability and Design Insight plot enable designers to highlight optimal design changes while they work. Built on a concurrent engineering approach, SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard helps engineers know if their product will perform properly and how long it will last. See this product matrix for a the complete list of features available in SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard.
- Test products made of weldments, sheet metal, and volume geometry with mixed mesh
- Evaluate strain and stresses between contacting parts, including friction
- Apply bearing loads, forces, pressures, and torques
- Improve designs based on structural, motion, or geometric criteria
- Use connectors or virtual fasteners to model bolts, pins, springs, and bearings, and dimension them under applied loads
- Activate the Trend Tracker and Design Insight plots to highlight optimal design changes while you work
- Intuitively manage your shell model with the Shell Manager
- Define motion studies with time-based approach for rigid body kinematic and dynamic problems
- Leverage SOLIDWORKS assembly mates along with part properties for motion analysis
- Evaluate characteristics like actuator force and joint loads for motion optimization
- Gain greater control of model actuators with servomotors
- Check a system’s expected life or accumulated damage after a specified number of cycles
- Import load history data from real physical tests to define loading events
- Compare alternative designs easily and quickly so you can choose the optimal design for final production
- Study interaction between different assembly components
- Simulate real-world operating conditions to see how your model handles stress, strain and displacement
- Spend less time on specifics with automated tools that simplify the validation process
- Interpret results with powerful and intuitive visualization tools
- Collaborate and share results with everyone involved in the product development process
Drive your design with intuitive simulation tools to improve product performance.
Evaluate how your products will perform and move throughout its operational cycle with time-based motion simulation.
Estimate component life based on calculated loads with fatigue simulation.