SOLIDWORKS Task Scheduler
Labor intensive tasks, such as batch importing, exporting, and plotting can gobble up hours, if not days worth of time. Even though these jobs don't require an excess of brain power, they still tie up your mind and computer. But now there's a way to automate these processes. Task Scheduler, a software utility included with SOLIDWORKS (with limited functions), SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium, puts your system to work while you're away. It lets you run resource intensive processes overnight or on weekends, times when the computer is normally idle, freeing you to focus on more creative projects.
Task Scheduler Overview
The various tasks you can schedule with Task Scheduler are:
- Update Files - Rebuilds specified files.
- Update Associated Files - Rebuilds the specified file, plus any associated files located in specified folders.
- Print Files - Prints specified files using default document printer settings or selected options.
- Import Files - Imports STEP or IGES files and saves them as SOLIDWORKS documents.
- Export Files - Exports SOLIDWORKS documents to another file format (DXF, DWG, IGES, STEP AP203, or STEP AP214).
- Update Custom Properties - Adds or modifies custom properties in the specified files.
- Create Drawings - Creates drawings for parts or assemblies, using the specified drawing document template.
- Convert to High Quality Views - Converts drawing views from Draft Quality to High Quality.
- Run Custom Task - Runs any application, using macros or command line arguments that you specify.
- Create eDrawings - Creates eDrawings, using selected export options.
- Update SOLIDWORKS Simulation - Updates the SOLIDWORKS Simulation analysis in specified files.